Get answers to frequently asked questons about First State Bank Mobile Deposits.
How do I enroll for Mobile Deposit?
- Go to www.fsbathens.com
- Click on the Personal tab
- Click on the Mobile Deposits menu option from the Personal tab
- Review the service requirements and click on the Enroll Today! Link
- Wait 1-2 days for an email from our staff.
What type of phone is required to make a Mobile Deposit?
- IPhones 3GS and above that are running Apple iOS 5.0.1 or newer.
- Android based smart phones must have at least a 2 Megapixel camera and be running Android 2.2 or newer.
What is the cost to use Mobile Deposit?
There are no costs to the customer to use Mobile Deposit. Please refer to the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions for more details.
Can I deposit any type of check?
Most checks are acceptable including payroll and government checks. The following check types are NOT allowed through Mobile Deposit.
- Money Orders
- Travelers Checks
- Two Party Checks
- Foreign Checks
- ComData Checks
- Credit Card Advance Checks
- Savings Bonds
Is there a limit on the number of checks I can deposit?
- One check at a time.
- No limit to the number of checks in one day.
- Daily deposit total cannot exceed $3,000.
Do I need to endorse my check?
All checks need to be endorsed with the payee signature and labeled "For Deposit Only" prior to being scanned.
When will my deposit be available?
Deposits submitted on a business day prior to 4:00 PM that have passed the review process will be posted that day. Deposits are generally available for withdrawal on the next day. Holds may apply to all mobile deposit items.
What do I do with my paper checks once I've deposited them?
- Write "MOBILE DEPOSIT" and the date of deposit across the front of the check.
- Confirm that funds have been credited to your account.
- Securely store the check for 7-14 days then destroy. (We recommend shredding).
How do I make a mobile deposit?
- Make sure you have downloaded the First State Bank Mobile Banking app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Sign in on the Mobile Banking app using your online banking user ID and password.
- Select the "Deposit" button. The deposit tab will be at the top for Android users and the bottom for iPhone users.
- Select the checking or savings account into which you want your check to be credited.
- Type in the amount of your check.
- Make sure your check is properly endorsed.
- Take a photograph of the front and back of your check.
- Confirm the transaction by selecting yes or no.
- If the deposit has passed all steps, it will now show as Pending.
What are some reasons my deposit may be rejected?
- Dollar amounts may not match.
- Folded or crumpled checks.
- Poor lighting.
- The image may not be in focus or the entire check may not be visible.
- Duplicate item.
How will I know if my deposit has rejected?
You may see an error message at the time of deposit. At the time you will be able to retake the picture or start over with a new deposit.
Will I have the ability to view history of my deposited items?
You will be able to view 30 days of deposit history captured from your mobile device.